Before putting a home or property on the market, it is important to have it pre-inspected. A pre-listing home inspection offers a report as to the state of the property before selling. In other words, it enables the seller to reveal any suspicions that might interfere with a sale. The inspection covers all areas of a home including the outside yard, structure, exterior surfaces, interior, bathrooms, kitchen, and all home systems. A pre-listing home inspection is among the services offered by Midlands Home Inspections.
Omaha Pre Listing Home Inspection helps both the seller and the buyer. The seller can immediately see what issues they have and what’s the solution to that problem. On the part of the purchaser, he will find that the seller went the extra effort to have an inspection done. So they feel more confident in their buying decision.
Benefits of a Pre-Listing Home Inspection
- A pre-listing home inspection helps to avoid any form of delays or potential problems during the process of selling the property. Pre-listing inspection on a property makes the selling process quick and smooth. Performing the inspection at the beginning of the sale minimizes any obstacle that might hinder a potential sale at the early stage of the process.
- The inspection will help to identify defects and recommend repairs on time. It will assist the seller to handle the repairs before listing and thereby, make the listing more attractive. It means a faster sale and more money to the seller. In fact, making repairs on time will help to limit objections over the defects during the negotiations.
- A pre-listing inspection is an important pricing tool. A complete and well-detailed inspection report helps the seller to arrive at a realistic list price. We know that for a seller, deciding to sell their home is a huge step. But once he decides to sell, making the home Marketable should be the number one goal! We understand that no home is perfect. And as soon as the seller realizes this, they are on their way to making the home more Marketable.
Making the home the most marketable should be the number one goal! Potential home buyers want to purchase a home that’s in tip-top shape, no matter the age of the home. That’s why having a Pre-Listing Inspection makes complete sense.
My wife and I are Realtors in the Omaha area and we have been using Brent since 2009. With over 110 inspections I can tell you without a doubt he is thorough, committed to the buyers home inspection experience, and is very knowledgeable of all things related to the inspection. He takes the stress and anxiety away from one of the biggest speed bumps for buyers and Realtors. He will continue to get any home inspection that I can send. – Review of Midlands Home Inspections By Steve Minino
- Having a pre-listing home inspection before you put your home on the market allows the seller to understand any current or potential problem areas with the home that can be resolved before the buyers arrive. Therefore, the home will be in better condition for viewing. Consequently making it more marketable. This will also help attain the maximum selling price for the home.
- Resolving problems prior to the buyer’s inspection will save money in two other ways:
- When you know what needs to be repaired before the sale, you’ll have time to obtain multiple bids for the areas of concern and be able to select the best contractor at the best price.
- Avoid “Rush Charges” if the work by the contractor is in a time frame that fits his schedule to complete the job.
There is one secret all Sellers need to know. Buyers make their decision to purchase a home based on emotion and justify that decision with logic. Another thing is equally true:
Buyers can fall out of love with a home just as quickly as they fell in love with it. So why let the Buyer’s Inspector develop a long list of items needing repair thereby jeopardizing your sale? Making the repairs in advance of the sale will save you tons of frustration and disappointment!
So let’s review the facts:
Having a home inspection before the first buyer shows up will help you sell the home for more money, reduce the cost of the needed repairs, and minimize your frustration with the entire sales process.
Where’s the downside to getting a Pre-Listing Inspection?
And who should you call for your Pre-Listing Inspection? There’s only one choice to ensure that you get The Peace of Mind you’re looking for and that’s Midlands Home Inspections. Give us a call today at 402-257-0725. You can also get a copy of our Sample Report at our Menu bar above.
Whether you’re a seasoned home buyer or seller, or you’re maybe new to any of these processes, Midlands Home Inspections will be your trusted partner in providing you with comprehensible information that would help you make an informed buying decision.
Our home inspectors are experienced and certified. When you let our pros at Midlands Home Inspections demonstrate the level of professionalism we provide to each of our clients, we will help you have an enjoyable real estate experience. All health and safety issues, structural integrity, and maintenance needs of your Omaha, NE dream home will be evaluated with utmost importance.